California Locos: Renaissance & Rebellion (Hardcover)
- The book shows the most influential artists on the West Coast of the US
- Featuring many previously unseen pictures
- Includes the stories behind the photographs
- Tattoo, surf, skate and street art are represented
- Three generations of legendary LA artists, and 40 years of LA culture
California Locos brings together over 40 years of LA culture, presented through the eyes and hands of the artists who shaped it. Featuring three generations of legendary LA artists, this book chronicles the life and work of the five original locos, Chaz Boj rquez, Dave Tourj , John Van Hamersveld, Norton Wisdom and Gary Wong, and expands this core membership to include works by Mister Cartoon, Shepard Fairey, Estevan Oriol, Retna, OG Slick and many others. Surf and skate culture, street art, tattoo, street photography, graphic design and music come together on over 432 pages to celebrate Los Angeles in all its exuberant diversity and raw grittiness. Being a LOCO means being crazy about life, being creative, rebellious and open-minded to the ethnic and cultural diversities of our city and the world. LOCOS is a movement and embodies the innovation, multiculturalism and rebellious.